Buzzword Bingo is designed to make those dull meetings just a little
more interesting. Play it like regular Bingo, but instead of having numbers
called, listen for someone to use one of the buzzwords on your card.
Get five in a row in any direction, and you win!
Of course, each person should have their own unique card. Just reload and
print this page once for each person on the meeting.
There are 116 phrases in the Buzzword Bingo database.
|time-critical||low-hanging fruit||push the envelope||enhance||process assessment|
|real-world||change agent||top-down||efficient/ efficiency||dialogue (as a verb)|
|solution||heads-up||FREE||end of the day||smoke & mirrors|
|enterprise||monetize||analysis paralysis||contingency plan||proactive, not reactive|
|self-managed team||next level||circle back||bottom-up||raise the bar|
- Any words or phrases spoken by a non-player during the meeting are fair game.
- Words used by anyone playing Buzzword Bingo do not count.
- Modifications of base word forms count as a match, but all key words in a phrase
must be present. "Empowered" is fine for "empowerment", but "paradigm change"
instead of "paradigm shift" is not.
- Words don't have to be in order. "Shift in our paradigm" is a match
for "paradigm shift."
- Players may try to nudge other meeting attendees into using a given phrase,
so long as they don't use one of the component words.
Example: You need "action items". You may not use either the word
"action" or "item". However, if by asking "What do we need to do for the
next meeting" you get someone to say "action items",
you get the square.
- Shouting out "Bingo!" is left to the discretion of the player. However,
we suggest that you merely mark the time that each square was scored and compare
notes with your competitors at the end of the meeting.