I always pick machine names that have some kind of meaning. Most of mine have revolved
around Quinn and the culture that she's interested in at the time I name the machine.
Back to petdance.com
- chimpy -- Linux server, Amy & Quinn's nickname for me
- mungo -- Linux server, a monkey from a book that Quinn was enjoying at the time
- mook -- iBook, our nickname for Quinn
- moxie -- Amy's Mac mini, named after a message board she's on, Moms With Moxie
- rocket -- Linux server, named after the rocket Rocket on Little Einsteins
- honey -- My Mac mini, short for another nickname for Quinn, Honey-Honey
- mel -- MacBook, named after Mel the drumming dog on Jack's Big Music Show
- monster -- A short-lived Solaris server, named for the song "Monster" by Ralph's World.
- derkins -- Another short-lived server, running SuSe, named after Susie Derkins in Calvin & Hobbes.
- uniqua -- Linux server, named after a character on The Backyardigans
- huggy -- Linux VPS, named after Captain Huggy Face, WordGirl's monkey sidekick.
- spencer -- Blackberry 8700C, named after Carly's older brother on iCarly.
- plankton -- Macbook Pro, named after Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants.
- parker -- Macbook Pro, named for Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man
- may -- Linux VPS, named after Brian May, guitarist for Queen.
- clifford -- Linux VPS, named for Quinn's trumpet that she named "Clifford The Big Red Trumpet" even though it is not red
- alex -- Linux VPS, named for Alexander Hamilton, subject of Quinn's beloved musical
- trees -- Linux VPS, named for "Trees", a song by Twenty One Pilots, her favorite band, and also a reference to "The Trees" by Rush, my favorite band.